Accidents Do Happen, But U Hav To Work Hard For It...(Pics Comin Soon!!!)

12th February,2009

Time: 8.00 PM
I'm having an awesome dinner at Tongue Lingerie, the new restraunt of Hotel Kairali. Had gone with Manesh, Sinluchayan, Vava, Maamu, Annan, Mili. While at TL, Katta (Kiran) calls and asks me to buy food for him. Wats the big deal. I say okie, n munch on my Stuffed Naan. By the way, the food @ TL is awesome. Also, the Thattukada is also good, esp the Bengali Roll. I just love the roasted red chilli chicken @ TL. (mouth waterin')

Time: 8.45 PM
I get back to "veedu" after the dinner. Katta is still in MH. I had forgot my purse at the MH (the ignorant, pls read Mens Hostel). So, I take Kaatan's red pulsar 180 and head to MH2. I reach there and pick Katta. I give the bike to KLatta and let him drive. It had been raining for the apst two days. We had to give a book to Joby before we could head back to "veedu". I was desperately waiting to play 3000. It was the latest addiction. lol. Its an awesome game. Takes much time, but stil awesome. we play till 5-6 in the morning. ;-) 

Time: 9.10 PM
We give the book to Joby (ahh hmm) and drive back. As we reach Mili stores, I ask katta
"Eda, ee vazhi poya pore???" ("We will take this way") I wanted to go around the ground.
He says, "Venda, ithukude pokaam" (No, we will take this way)
So we go by the amin gate of our college. In the front of the main gate is a pool of water from the last rain. It covers all of the pukka road. As Katta negotiates the curve, he loses control and we skid and fall. (for those who know Katta, u wud b smilin ryt.. oh yeah ;-)
"WTF" Katta has hit his leg on the crash guard and it pains. I escape unhurt (lol).
"Eda, nee ini odikku. Ente kaalu vedanikunu" (now u drive. my leg pains)

I take the bike and he jumps on. Apart from the mud and all, we are unhurt for most part.

But, that was jus the begining. OMG

Time: 9.15PM
We are riding to "veedu", the hostel where Jishnu, Vava etc stay. We are talking and driving. The climate is so cool after the rain.
"Eda, eniku ithu odikaan ishtamalla. enikku control illatha oru vandiya ithu. handle okke thazthi vechekalle." (I dont lik driving this bike. This is one bike in which I don't have control on. The handle has been adjusted) I say. This bike is the baby of Kaatan. If he hears this, he will kill me. :D

"Enikku cntrol ulla oru vandi itha" Katta says back (this is one bike I have control on.)

We reach Durga Nagar near Chithra Theatre. I seea  dog lying on the road to the right. I decide to go by the left side of the dog. And I drive on.
I say "Eda, oru naaya..." (Look, a dog...) I didn't have chance to complete the statement before the dog rises and jumps in front of our bike. We hit it and the bike falls to the right.

Next Scene: Red Lights, Ambulance, Police...
No No No
I open my eyes and manage to get up. The ignition is stil on. I see Katta lying on his back, with his both hands on his head. Obviusly, he had hit his head on the road. I can feel that I have bruised myself at many places. But I didn't feel like I had broken any bones. The local people come running. I don't know what they herad first- our screams or the dog's. They pick me and Katta up and take to the house in front of the accident. Katta declares that his head is paining and that he has a headache. My BP shoots up. Shit. Well, this is my first accident!!!!!! So, I didn't know what to do. The locals comes with cold water and ice and apply to my wounds. I had lost my "paint" from the shoulder to the foot on the right side. Katta limps and has scratches on his face. His head still hurts. (OMG!!!!)
The locals wants to take us to the hospital. But we say, we'll call our friends. Katta calls the guys at the "veedu".

Time: 9.45PM
We wait as the train passes. We are caught in the railway gate and it has been closed for 15 minutes. No no, I'm not exxaaggeerrating. :)
At last it passes. We reach Sai nursing home. We are shoved in to the small room that looks like a casuality or dressing room. I gt the bed near the windows and shelf. Katta is separated by a curtain. I pull the curtain and peep at him. His head still hurts, it seems. Even as my legs and hands pain, I wish that a beautiful nurse would attend to me. I shouldn't have cos of 3 reasons-
One: This is Palakkad
Two: The time is nearly 10.
Three: Ammaku praana vedana, makalku veena vaayana (for the non-mallus, it is a old local sayin'. Neva mind)

A middle aged sister comes. She is far from beautiful. But she seems to be experienced and was friendly. She talks to me while she uses Betadine solution and gauze. (Boy, did it pain!!!)
And a Tamilian RMO comes and inspects me. I again peep thru the curtain as another sister and the RMO examines Katta. The RMO calls for a head x-ray. "Shit", I say.
I have bandages on my arms, knees, legs. I limp out of the bed. Katta has gone for the X-rays. I watch gold fishes in the aquarium. Lol. What else could I do? Lol ;)

Katta comes back and we watch the fishes together. :D
There seems to be no problem in the X-rays and we prepare to go back.

Time:: 10.30PM
I jump on Vava's bullet while Katta hops on Sinluchayan's Electra. We send Maamu and Manesh to get us Mango Shakes. Lol.
We reach back at "veedu" and i kick Mili, who is sleeping. (How cold u. :'( )
My mango shake arrives and I lie on the bed and sips it. I had got two shots- painkiller and tetanus. Do I need to say that it pains. :(
Some time later, I doze off. But the pain is "unsahikkable". Ouch! And I keep gettin up in middle of night.

Footnote:
22 February, 2009
It has been 10 days since the accident and I still limp a little. The wounds on my elbow have no intentions of healing, it seems. For those interested, I will give a detailed description of how it feels. :)

Toenote:
I hadn't told about the accident at home. I reached home y'dae. The response wasn't that "over-whelming". But it was cool. Didn't want them worrying before they saw me. How nice na????? :)

Nailnote:
Jishnu calls me today evening and asks me if I can write my S7 lab exams on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I say, okie. But replacing whom?

"Katta onnumkoodu bikeil ninnu veenu, veetil vechu. Avanu Tuesday ezhuthan patilla". (Katta fell from the bike once again when he was at home. He cant make it to the exams on Tuesday.)
For those who know Katta, u can still keep on smiling. He neva changes. :)

0 BackFires:

Responsible Commenting...

Everyone, please support Responsible Commenting. Please ensure that the things u say/write are true before u make a post or express ur comments.

Regards,

Manish Muralidharan
16/08/2009

a solitary exodus....

this is my space; its all about my life, the people i've met, the people i dream of meeting, people i love, people i like, people i hate, people i miss, people who have influenced me, helped me. it is about those hundreds of my emotions, all small and imperfect, but nevertheless completing me.